- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 large tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked brown rice
Heat oil and saute garlic, onion, carrots, celery, parsley and spices until softened (about 10 minutes). Add tomatoes and beans and simmer about 45 minutes.
Prepare brown rice according to package directions (about 45 minutes). Serve bean mixture over rice.
Servings: 6 servings